If you hold a current account(s), deposit account(s) or credit card account(s) with Danske bank the following is required to close your account.
Please write to:
Account Closure Unit
PO Box 3345
In order for Danske Bank to close your account(s) you must complete the closure request forms. If you are a personal customer please click here
, if you are a business customers please click here
To enable Danske Bank to close your account(s) you must send us a photocopy of your proof of Identity and proof of address, acceptable documents are listed below.
For proof of Identity:Certified photocopy of ONE of the following only
- Copy of photograph & signature page of a passport
- Current national identity card issued by EU states only
- Current full driving licence with photograph (ROI and UK issue only – The full document must be copied)
- Current provisional driving licence with photograph ROI issue only. (The full document must be copied)
NOTE: Copy of Identity must be in date on receipt by the bank.
For proof of Address (Documents provided must be issued within
the last 6 months
)Certified photocopy of ONE of the following only
Please note where an account(s) is held by more than one party all parties to the account(s) must sign the account closure form and provide certified proof of Identity and certified proof of address in order for the account to be closed and monies transferred to the beneficiary account(s).
- Current utility bill e.g. gas, electricity, landline telephone, Sky/Cable TV or broadband
- Current bank, building society, financial institution statement or letter. Bank statement must not have been issued by Danske Bank
- Current official document issued by the Revenue Commissioners
- Current official document issued by the Department of Social Protection
- Current insurance certificate e.g. household, health, or motor insurance